“NRC seeks information to determine the commercial availability and technical capabilities of qualified and responsible sources to provide a Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) solution(s) for one or more of the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) program areas described in this RFI. Because business requirements of Federal Government Inspectors General are governed by common standards, we are seeking solutions currently used by other OIG offices. The information that NRC gathers from this RFI and related market research is for planning purposes only and may be used to assist the NRC in planning an acquisition strategy if a new acquisition is deemed appropriate by NRC.”
“Our current OIG Management Information System (OIGMIS) has been in production since 2004 and utilizes customized COTS applications operating on an IBM Domino 9 platform. OIG will consider on-premise and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution(s) that include an overarching MIS comprised of audit, investigations, and a correspondence and ticketing tracking applications, or individual application(s), i.e., vendors could recommend one or more applications in their response.
“The recommended solution(s) should provide the following capabilities common to all OIG program areas.
- Ability to store electronic content in a variety of formats, such as documents, images, videos, audio files, etc.
- Ability to organize and categorize related information (e.g., by audit, allegation, investigation/case, ticket, etc.)
- Ability to distinguish items by status (e.g., in process vs. issued audits, open vs. closed cases, open vs. closed tickets) and other key elements (e.g., by staff assigned, team, etc.).
- Ability to assign and re-assign staff to projects and teams.
- Ability to provide a work queue and notifications to users of work assigned, upcoming and overdue milestones/due dates, etc.
- Ability to support multiple authors, maintain versions, and collaborate in real-time.
- Ability to support supervisory review and comment and to lock documents to prevent changes after documents are approved…”