The Deputy Chief Information Officer (DCIO) is located in the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) and fully shares with the Chief Information Officer in providing leadership and direction in the formulation, development, and executive of OPM’s information technology management program…”
- Shares in formulating of short and long-range strategic goals, based on industry best practices, while also aligning OCIO to OPM’s Strategic Plan;
- Partners with the CIO to develop strategies, policies, action plans to improve the strategic mission of the agency;
- Conducts investment reviews of current information architecture, software, hardware, and cloud services to improve OPM’s management information systems and directly leverage technology to improve the strategic mission of the agency;
- Streamlines existing processes and operations to improve efficiencies wherever possible, eliminating silos and duplicative practices;
- Maximizes cybersecurity oversight and protections for the agency in coordination with the OCIO;…”
The Executive Core Qualifications are required for entry to the Senior Executive Service; to meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position, you must show in your resume that you possess the five Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) listed below.
ECQ 1 – LEADING CHANGE: The ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
ECQ 2 – LEADING PEOPLE: The ability to lead people toward meeting the organization’s vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
ECQ 3 – RESULTS DRIVEN: The ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks…”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Office of Personnel Management may want to influence who applies for this SES role that fully shares with the Chief Information Officer in providing leadership and direction in the formulation, development, and execution of OPM’s information technology management program, and maximizes cybersecurity oversight and protections for the agency in coordination with the OCIO.