The Division of Industrial Innovation and Partnerships (IIP) in the Directorate of Engineering at the NSF is seeking information on how an interested contractor could provide a technology platform that will allow small businesses with Phase II Small Business Innovation Research grants – typically, about 130 companies a year – to access educational resources that will help them start and run a successful high-tech business. The technology platform would also allow the companies to network with each other and share best practices, resources and learnings.
The IPP has a need for support to provide a network technology platform that will allow small businesses with Phase II SBIR/STTR grants to access educational resources that will help them start and run a successful high-tech business.
The technology platform discussed must include the following requirements. A cloud-based platform with:
- Curated, entrepreneurial educational content for small businesses – including, but not limited to, intellectual property, accounting, raising capital, strategic partnerships, corporate innovation, etc.
- Messaging and message board capability for sharing best practices
- Log-in security and privacy settings acceptable for government privacy standards (Fed Ramp certified).
- The ability to accommodate at least 150 users, and if possible, up to 10,000+ users.
- Unlimited access for users.
Responses are due by August 8, 2018.