“This position is accountable to the Associate Administrator for Performance, Planning and the Chief Financial Officer. This position is located in the Office of Financial Systems, Innovation and Data Transparency at SBA Headquarters. The incumbent is responsible for providing leadership in Agency-wide financial systems, supporting operation of information resource management processes, and recommending improvements.”
- Provides executive leadership in envisioning, designing, developing, implementing, and managing Agency financial management and awarding systems.
- Directs and manages both government and contract resources as necessary to meet this key objective.
- Advances the achievement of SBA’s mission by assisting management in recognizing where trends in information resource management add value while transforming or supporting Agency operations.
- Responsible for the development, platform engineering, and operation of Agency financial systems and the SBA Chief Data Officer responsible for data management, governance, and the Federal Data Strategy.
- Provides Agency-wide leadership in maintaining and improving the availability, confidentiality, and integrity of data maintained in the Agency’s financial and awarding information systems.
- Provides executive leadership over system security engineering, architecture, and programmatic support for Agency information system solutions.
- Develops and maintains the technical security configuration baselines for Agency financial and awarding systems that are minimally acceptable for use across Agency information systems.
- Oversees using data insights to drive strategic and tactical business decisions and serves as the executive champion for a data-driven, decision-making culture.”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Small Business Administration may want to influence who applies for this SES role that advances the achievement of SBA’s mission by assisting management in recognizing where trends in information resource management add value while transforming or supporting Agency operations.