Notice ID: 28321321RI0000025
The Social Security Administration (SSA) has an ongoing requirement to extract and identify hardware data from the Agency’s mainframe Z/OS environment.
SSA is looking for a solution capable of providing a comprehensive mainframe hardware data and configuration discovery tool. The solution must collect mainframe data, identify mainframe configuration items, and interface with and populate ServiceNow’s Configuration Management Database (CMDB) with the discovered mainframe hardware and configuration data through a seamless integration.
- Access to management consoles shall support role based access control, single sign-on (SAML) and LDAP/ Microsoft Active Directory integration.
- The solution shall be able to be deployed on premise behind a firewall by SSA staff or authorized contractors.
- The solution shall interface with and collect data from the Agency’s mainframe Z/OS environment.
- The solution shall collect mainframe configuration data including but not limited to:
- Hardware Data
- Disk Storage
- Configuration Data Operating System
- DB2 subsystems
- CICS information
- IMS information
- MQ Subsystems
- APF datasets
- Job queues
- Output queues
- VSAM files/configuration
- Security information, including but not limited to:
- Software Data
- Installed software
- Active jobs
- The solution shall produce detailed verbose logs of mainframe discovery process in text or another accessible format for data integrity, quality assurance, and troubleshooting purposes.
- The solution shall have the ability to provide information on connectivity and communication with other systems.
- The solution shall interface with and populate ServiceNow’s Configuration Management Database (CMDB) with the discovered mainframe hardware and configuration data through an automated and seamless integration.
- Any non-mainframe component of the solution shall have the ability to be installed on Windows Server 2016 or later edition.
- Vendor shall also provide information on the availability of Linux installation, including version information.
- The solution shall not be provided as a pre-configured virtual machine image.
- The solution shall have the ability to provide authentication and single sign on via SAML 2.0.
- The solution shall support the ability to mask sensitive data elements and protect any personally identifiable information (PII)
- The solution shall be Federal Section 508 compliant.
- The solution shall be IPv4 and IPv6 compatible.
- Hardware Data