Notice ID: 28321321RI0000032
SSA has a requirement to implement an electronic information system to modernize the capture, retention and disposition of the agency’s records to ensure compliance with the Federal Records Act and OMB/NARA mandates to maintain accessibility to and the timely transfer of electronic records.
SSA requires an enterprise electronic records management (ERM) solution to:
- Retain electronic records in an electronic system that provides the capability to use and retrieve records
- Automatically manage the retention and disposition of all electronic records
- Transfer records electronically and/or manually to NARA.
- The records system must provide the ability to manage all electronic records including all recorded information, regardless of form or characteristics, made or received by a Federal agency as evidence of the organization, functions, policies, decisions, procedures, operations, or other activities of the US Government.
- The records system must provide the ability to review access rights and permission rules for electronic records regularly; these access rights and permission rules must be updated on a regular basis.
- The records system must provide the ability to regularly monitor and evaluate their records controls.
- The records system must provide the ability to manage electronic records, regardless of whether they reside in a public, private, or community cloud; a contracted environment; or under the agency’s physical control.
- The records system must provide the ability to use machine learning to help find and retain important data while eliminating redundant, obsolete and trivial data…
- Metadata for a record must consist of information recording (1) the description of the content of the record; (2) the structure of the record (form, format, and relationships between record components); (3) the business context in which the record was created; (4) relationships with other records and metadata; (5) identifiers and other information needed to retrieve the record; (6) the business actions and events involving the record throughout its existence.
- Records systems must define metadata to (1) enable the identification and retrieval of records; (2) associate records with changing business rules, policies, and mandates; (3) associate records with agents, and their authorizations and rights with regards to the records; (4) associate records with their business activities; (5) track processes carried out on records….