“The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) will provide technical advice and expertise to the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) on technology modernization and improvement to support the FMCSA mission.”
“The CTO will lead the FMCSA Information Technology function in a visionary, collaborative, and customer-focused manner to leverage technology resources in order to improve business processes, accomplish strategic missions, goals, and program objectives and reduce costs. The CTO will initiate and advocate for FMCSA system enhancements and changes and promote the use of information technology and modern technology solutions to improve the operations, efficiency, effectiveness, and service delivery of the agency.”
“The FMCSA CTO:
- Initiates and advocates system enhancements and changes and promotes the use of information technology (IT) and innovative technology solutions to improve the operations, productivity, efficiency, effectiveness and service delivery of FMCSA.
- Provides executive oversight to IT and Information Management (IM) resources and investments in a manner consistent with applicable laws, regulations, principles, and standards, as well as all FMCSA missions and program objectives.
- Formulates recommendations to support the FMCSA’s mission while meeting responsibilities established by existing regulation. The CTO provides authoritative guidance regarding the management, acquisition, and integration of FMCSA’s information resources, including mission and data systems, data center management, telecommunications, office networks, computer security (including policy, standards, and operations), vulnerability management, configuration management, data management, information sharing, and end-user computing.
- Advises FMCSA leadership on IT and IM portfolio management, recommend agency-wide IT program improvements, and contribute to the formulation and execution of the agency’s IT budget.
- Promotes the effective and efficient design and deployment of major information systems and collaborates with each FMCSA system owner to assure that information systems provide effective solutions for mission goals. The CTO acts to establish, monitor, and evaluate the performance of information technology in support of program accomplishments based on appropriate measures.
- Encourages and recognizes the utilization of emerging technology to improve services and reduce costs. The incumbent continuously advises FMCSA leadership on major IT products and/or service delivery issues and recommends changes to IT initiatives, as appropriate, in order to increase efficient and responsiveness.”
G2X TAKE: Those who support this Administration that collects and disseminates data on motor carrier safety and directs resources to improve motor carrier safety, may want to influence who applies for this SES role that will promote the use of information technology and modern technology solutions to improve the operations, efficiency, effectiveness, and service delivery of the Agency.