Solicitation Number: 5000087232_RFI
“This is a Request for Information (RFI) for The Office of the Chief Information Officer, Department of Treasury Cloud Service Provider (CSP) Workplace Community Cloud (WC2) requirement.”
At the Department level, the Treasury OCIO built a cloud infrastructure specifically for shared services called the Workplace Community Cloud (WC2). The WC2 currently resides in FISMA High and Moderate enclaves within Amazon Web Services (AWS), with AWS products and services currently provided by an AWS contractor.
- will be an enterprise offering for Amazon Web Services in support of a cloud shared services program called the Workplace Community Cloud (WC2), utilized across the Department of the Treasury (Departments, Bureaus, and Offices)
- currently has 28 separate accounts in AWS representing 5 Treasury Bureaus and Offices, who have built solutions using WC2 AWS cloud services that include, but are not limited to; Amazon DynamoDB, Redshift, Elastic Compute Cloud, Elastic MapReduce, Kinesis, Relational Database Service, Simple Notification Service, Simple Queue Service, Simple Storage Service, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Lambda, and API Gateway”
The contractor shall provide all AWS products and services and make them available to Treasury and the WC2 program for development, configuration, and operations and maintenance of applications in AWS.
The contractor shall:
- place no restrictions on Treasury’s ability to acquire directly from AWS compute instances utilizing whatever AWS Instance Purchasing Options (e.g., Reserved Instances, Spot Instances) are available at the time.
- allow Treasury to be solely responsible for configuring all Service Control Policy (SCP) and Identity and Access Management (IAM) access to AWS Billing and Cost Management Resources involving Treasury Member Accounts (the contractor shall be responsible for AWS Master Accounts). This includes access by member accounts and tools used by member accounts, some of which may be third party cloud management tools.
- provide consolidated billing services for all AWS master and member accounts under this requirement including Treasury AWS accounts transferred to this requirement from the current contract, billing services and all related capabilities shall be ready for Treasury access within five business days after contract award.
- (upon request by Treasury), provide consolidated billing services after transfer of the account, for existing AWS accounts used by Treasury directly or used indirectly through other arrangements with other contractors, integrators, or federal contractors. Requests to transfer existing AWS Master and Member Accounts will include coordination by Treasury with the existing AWS Account owner, including ensuring their approval, cooperation, and involvement in AWS Account transfer steps.