The Support Services Division is a combined Tier 1 and Tier 2 organization that serves as a single point of contact between the courts, public and users of the judiciary’s national systems. Under the general supervision of the Enterprise Operations Center Chief and Deputy Chief, the incumbent of this position is responsible for the development of all the processes, guidelines and procedures required for the planning, organization, development, implementation and management of the Judiciary’s National Service Division. The Support Services Division Chief oversees the performance of the Tier 1 and Tier 2 services and supports the Judiciary (internal and public facing) and Judges and ensures that service levels are achieved. The incumbent is also responsible for ensuring staff is meeting and exceeding expectations in regards to performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks, and that standards and procedures are followed in order to provide effective customer service.
Duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing IT Service Management (ITSM) process integration across functional and technical support tiers that span different departments within the AO.
- Managing and coordinating urgent and complicated support issues and acting as escalation point for all major requests and incidents.
- Developing and maturing phone and ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing information within the AO Departments and across the disparate support tiers.
- Leading the National Service Division in root cause investigations of issues and communicating appropriately to internal and public customers regarding the issues.
- Training, coaching and mentoring Tier 1 and 2 Support Desk Analysts in the transition to an ITIL-based Service Desk.
- Interacting with internal and external customers regarding both PACER and national system support areas.
- Providing data and reporting of key performance indicators and trends to AO program offices, DTS Senior Staff and others on ad-hoc, weekly, or monthly basis, and as needed