“The Director of the Data and Analytics Directorate (DAD) has overall responsibility, accountability, and authority to coordinate and manage mission area-wide data and information as a strategic asset, bring advanced data analysis and business intelligence to difficult business problems, and coordinate with Agency leadership, program area Data Stewards, and the USDA Office of the Chief Data Officer (OCDO) in support of enterprise-wide data and analytics efforts.”
- Serve as the mission area?s strategic and expert leader in the use of data and analytics to promote data-driven decision-making in addressing business issues.
- Lead the development of the mission area data strategy, manage mission area data governance board, and provide guidance to Program data stewards.
- Identify and help solve major cross-cutting strategic questions by applying the use of data analysis and advanced data analytics techniques.
- Assigns and reviews the work of staff to ensure timely performance, soundness, and value.
- Monitors the progress of work, including adherence to methods and procedures, and prioritization of the work, including the development of assignments and schedules.