G2X TAKE: Halfaker, a very fast growing Service-Disabled Veteran and Woman-Owned business that creates, modernizes, integrates, and secures mission critical systems for Government organizations, has been awarded a 4-year task to support the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition Service ALERT (Anti-fraud Locator using EBT Retailer Transaction). The task was released under GSA’s VETS II GWAC.
Under the contract, Halfaker will manage the FNS ALERT system, providing software development, data analytics, and operations and maintenance (O&M) support services to this enterprise fraud detection system.
- ALERT uses predictive modeling and machine learning to detect and monitor fraud across the over 250,000 Retailers processing over $74B in annual Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits.
- Halfaker is a familiar partner to the USDA having served as Prime on a 5-year $25M BPA they were awarded in 2015 to provide technical support and services to assist USDA Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) in the development and support of ALERT.
- Halfaker has made several recent key hires and recent promotions that seem to be paying off. This program falls under recently promoted Yoony Doh, EVP of Civilian Operations who leads Halfaker’s $189M VA Enterprise Services Integrated Platform (ESIP) Support task. Halfaker’s current VA Profile program was recently named as one of the 2020 Disruptive Tech Awardees.
- Earlier this summer Halfaker announced a Joint Venture with &Partners, intending to further Halfaker’s capabilities in the design space, using Human-Centered Design to create user-centric products and services across Government organizations.
- Led by CEO Dawn Halfaker and Chief Strategy & Growth Officer Jerry Ambrosh Halfaker was recently noted as Great Place to Work-Certified™ Companies and it was named to the updated list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.
- Included here is an interview with Halfaker President and CEO Dawn Halfaker where she discusses her firm’s success and what is at the heart of her mission. Read the interview here.
Pictured below is a snapshot of Prime obligations for the very fast growing Halfaker across the Federal sector.