Notice ID 1043407
1.0 Scope of Work
The primary service to be provided by the contractor will be to manage and maintain a variety of structures that provide users with a rich media experience that includes highly important information highlighted and staged with graphics, illustrations, animations and video. Contractor will be responsible for compiling and documenting datasets; preparing metadata following federal and Institute standards; uploading information and research statistics including data entry and management of the Research Information Tracking System (RITS), coordinating submission to the Forest Service National Data Archive; making available content to guide users and explain the data available; tracking use of web and social media information delivery tools; and support Forest Health field data collected on the forest inventories and forest health assessments in accordance with the tasks, conditions and performance standards stated below. Core duties include the management of the content of the Institute internet and intranet, social media platforms, and internal research geospatial and tabular data in such a way that information delivery critical to the Institute mission occurs, and that an expanding network of employees, collaborators, clients and the public have access to and use this information…”
3.0 Technical Requirements / Tasks
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Make Institute research datasets available online.
- Implement a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to describe and display appropriate metadata that document data collection methods, ownership, accuracy, dates of collection, variables, associated publications, suggested citation, and other information that will help users most appropriately use IITF R&D data.
- Implement search mechanisms to help users find IITF R&D data files.
- Implement systems of monitoring the use of sites, downloading, user contact or download authorizations.
- Naming and maintenance of directory and files both chronologically and in a specified alphanumeric sequence in accordance with Digital Object Identifier (DOI) standards.
- Assistance with year-end collection of the Research Unit Reports submitted to the Current Research Information System (CRIS)
- Maintenance of the scientist biographical data and the semi-annual updating and print preparation of the Institute Directory
- Communicates directly via email and phone to train and support all engaged in using RITS and attend and participates in the ‘RITS User’ conference calls
- Support Forest Health field data collected on the forest inventories and forest health assessments…”
“Period of Performance (Base and options)
- The period of performance of Base Period of this contract begins sometime after contract award, approximately 20 Sep 2021, for one year.
- Pursuant to clause 52.217-9, Option to Extend the Term of the Contract, in the event that the Contracting Officer exercises an option, the period of performance for each option period shall be as follows:
- Option Period I: 20 Sep 2022 thru 19 Sep 2023, approximately
- Option Period II: 20 Sep 2023 thru 19 Sep 2024, approximately
- Option Period III: 20 Sep 2024 thru 19 Sep 2025, approximately
- The exercise of any options is subject to the availability of funding and the continuing needs of the Government…”