Notice ID: 12E3
Rural Development will implement a Common Enterprise Loan Origination and Servicing (CELOS) platform that uses industry standard forms, data sets, and data definitions utilizing low-code/no-code solutions. The preferred solution will include the use of Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) / Government-off-the-Shelf (GOTS) products, Data as a Service (DaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). The solution should have the capability to integrate all customer data so that RD has an enterprise view for customer relationships. The solution may use operational data stores and must store all data in a central data repository. The solution must provide an enterprise data dictionary.
The primary objectives for this RD-wide integrated solution initiative include the following:
- Improved support for citizen beneficiaries – Capability to apply electronically for loans and grants and view application status on-line
- Reduced program delivery risks – Ensure fair and consistent treatment of all applicants
- Improved support for RD staff – Intuitive, powerful systems for field staff
- Agility and flexibility – Rapid rollout of new and changed programs
- Enhanced program and portfolio visibility – Improved decision support
- Data Single Source – Reliable, accurate data and improved confidence
- Reduced maintenance complexity – Substantially streamline loan, guarantee, and grant application procedures
RD will obtain contractor support for the modernization and consolidation of RD systems and applications supporting the agency’s mission of improving the economy and quality of life in rural America by helping residents buy or rent affordable housing, make health and safety repairs to their homes, and enhance community services including healthcare, first responder capabilities, and water, electric, and communications infrastructure. We do this by providing technical assistance, as well as offering grants, residential and commercial loans, and loan guarantees. At present, this portfolio consists of nearly 900,000 loans, loan guarantees, and grants worth approximately $254 billion.
This effort will perform Systems Engineering and Technical Architecture (SETA) to plan a large-scale transformational initiative for developing a modern, intuitive, integrated Common Enterprise Loan Origination and Servicing (CELOS) platform. This will enable RD to increase economic opportunities and improve the quality of life for rural Americans.