Notice ID: 1025710
The NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF FOOD AND AGRICULTURE (NIFA), a part of the U.S. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, is requesting contractor management consulting services to provide ongoing/follow-on support for NIFA’s Project CAFÉ – an agency-wide initiative to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of NIFA’s service delivery while improving its ability to provide excellent customer service.
The purpose of this project is to provide ongoing/follow-on management support for NIFA during FY 2021 while the agency continues implementation of the 39 unique multi-year initiatives identified as part of Project CAFÉ. These initiatives cover a wide array of functions and disciplines including:
- Leadership, Strategic Planning & Governance
- Process Improvement
- Outreach & Customer Service
- Talent Management
- Communication & Documentation
Across each of these areas, the contractor will be responsible for providing the following:
- Establishing management and governance disciplines to assist project teams and NIFA senior leadership in managing the Project CAFÉ portfolio of agency wide initiatives
- Providing direct project management and facilitation support to each of the Project CAFÉ teams that are formally launched. This includes hands-on support in conducting interviews, studies and analysis that assist Project CAFÉ teams in meeting their objectives
- Providing timely and concise feedback to the stakeholder community on actions that are being taken to address the specific concerns raised during Project CAFÉ outreach sessions
- Conducting intensive studies that better define and communicate specific views of the overall NIFA grants portfolio as well as regulatory research to better determine NIFA’s oversight role in managing capacity programs
- Continuing to assist the Administrative & Operations Officer and staff in ensuring recruiting efforts are completed in a timely manner and to help reach total staffing levels consistent with NIFA’s FY2021 approved staffing plan
The following tasks are required to provide management and administrative support to the NIFA organization:
Working in coordination with NIFA personnel, establish and maintain a Project Coordination Team (PCT) responsible for providing the following:
- Bi-monthly, consolidated status reporting on all Project CAFÉ initiatives.
- Identification of issues preventing teams from meeting their stated goals and milestones. Once issues have been raised work with Project Sponsor and Project Manager to identify solutions.
- Development and/or maintenance of a series of governing protocols for ensuring timely decisions are made and project teams are empowered to achieve their objectives.
- In tandem with the Communications Director, coordinate, plan and publish communications that address specific concerns raised by each of the stakeholder groups that have collaborated with Project CAFÉ.
- Provide timely feedback to members of the NIFA Executive Council and Project Sponsors on additional initiatives that benefit Project CAFÉ goals and objectives…