“This position is located in the Office of the Chief Information Officer, Office of Application Engineering & Development (OAED). The successful candidate will perform assigned duties as a Branch Chief within OAED. OAED is responsible for the full life-cycle management of the USPTO’s automated information systems. This responsibility is guided by the agency’s strategic IT plans and supporting technical architecture. Activities in this job include: Programmatic responsibility for the design of computer-based solutions consistent with USPTO System Architect guidance; construction or selection of software components necessary to support those designs; integration of software components; associated implementation support services; and post implementation support services.
The Corporate System Division is responsible for communications, collaboration, project management, basic knowledge of technology practices, coding, development processes, resources management and system business analysis necessary to support buildable and testable requirements for delivering professional information technology services and solutions and creates and manages the platform metrics to measure all corporate systems.”
“You will be responsible for:
- Evaluating overall accomplishments of the Branch and identifying operating problems, conflicting priorities, program deficiencies and potential problem areas.
- Establishing revising, or reviewing policies and procedures to eliminating work problems or barriers.
- Implementing projects to develop, replace, and/or retire AISs as determined by the business customer and the Division Director.
- Meeting with key customers and coordinating officials assessing customer satisfaction, explaining organization policy and procedures, and resolving significant problems that arise.
- Maintaining continuous contact with professional counterparts to insure awareness of new objectives, policies, and state-of-the-art developments affecting requirements for systems and networks.
- Participating with the Division Director in setting organizational goals.”