The purpose of this contract is to obtain report template development and data management services to assist with 1) the creation of a standard, graphic report template for [Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)] to use when posting the quarterly report of performance and service quality on its website, which will include the metrics and standards listed in Table 1 (Related Metrics and Standards), and 2) the development of a long-term data management system, linked to the quarterly report template, that will allow FRA to effectively query and review performance and service quality trends over time. The data management system and report template should be structured in such a way to allow FRA staff to use both deliverables in the future when developing quarterly reports, without external assistance. The data management system should not preclude FRA from future development of performance and service quality data dashboards.
The scope consists of three (3) key tasks to support FRA’s development of performance and service quality quarterly reports and related data management system.
A Non-Disclosure Agreement may be required to perform this work.
Task 1: Project Management
- Provide project management support, including the management and oversight of all activities performed by contractor personnel.
- Identify a Project Manager (PM) who shall provide management, direction, administration, quality assurance, and leadership of the execution of the project.
- Create a project plan and schedule.
- Provide monthly progress reports that track project costs by task area, describe work completed and anticipated work for the next month, and identify any other issues, including cost and schedule variances.
- Key personnel shall attend a project kick-off meeting to discuss technical, management and reporting procedures.
- Key personnel shall attend weekly project meetings to discuss work completed and anticipated upcoming work.
Task 2: Assist FRA in Development of a Quarterly Report Template
- Develop a graphic-oriented template for quarterly reports that can be posted on FRA’s public website, as well as formatted excel output(s) for all raw quarterly report data
- Link the graphic-oriented quarterly report template to the data management system in Task 3.
- Provide training for FRA staff to use and/or update the report template.
Task 3: Assist FRA in Development of a Long-Term Quarterly Report Data Management System
- Develop a long-term data management system, linked to the quarterly report template in Task 2, that will allow FRA to effectively query and review performance and service quality trends over time. Engage in data format coordination with Amtrak, as needed.
- Develop standard processes and/or scripts for data cleaning.
- Provide training for FRA staff to use the data management system, including adding new data each quarter…”
“V. Period and Place of Performance
The period of performance for this contract shall be nine months. The place of performance is the contractor’s work location…”
XFactor Members access the complete set of documents here.
To register for a free XFactor trial, read more here.